4 November 2021
We will continue to use an online booking system for our parents’ evenings. This year all parents evening events will be held electronically through video meetings. These meetings will be hosted using the existing booking system with NetMedia. Our next event is on Thursday 18 November 2021 and Tuesday 23 November 2021 for pupils of S4, S5 and S6.*
To book your appointments please go to http://www.parents-booking.co.uk/liberton
PLEASE NOTE: You need to type this address into your website browser’s ‘address bar’. Do not try to ‘Google’ this website address or use a search engine as that will not work. This is a common mistake on phones and tablets especially.
Please login to see which appointments are available and select the subject teachers you would like to see and the times convenient to you.
You will need:
- Your title and surname (these must match those we have on record for you)
- Your child’s first name, surname and date of birth
The system is live from Thursday 4 November 2021 from 3.30 pm and will be open to take your bookings until Thursday 18 November 2021 at 3.30 pm for bookings on the Thursday 18 November 2021.*
The system is live from Thursday 4 November 2021 from 3.30 pm and will be open to take your bookings until Tuesday 23 November 2021 at 3.30 pm for bookings on the Tuesday 23 November 2021.*
*Please note: you are not required to attend on both nights
Once you have logged in, you will then be asked to manually book your appointments. You will be shown your child’s teachers and asked to enter your availability.
Troubleshooting Tips – please read before booking!
- Only the parent marked as the ‘main contact’ with the school will be able to login. If this does not suit, please contact the school office for alternative arrangements.
- To login you need to enter the details we have on record for you and your child. If you have recently changed your title or surname, for example, and not informed us, we will be expecting you to login with the details we have on record
- The email address you enter is only used to receive a confirmation of your appointment. If the system gives you an error when you login, it will not be the email address that is the problem
- If you have several children to make bookings for, use the ‘Change Child’ button on the blue bar (above the school’s name) in the very top left corner of the Parent’s Booking Page to swap between your children.
Please be aware that there is a limited amount of appointment times for teachers and the system will fill these on a first come first serve basis. If, however there is a particular member of staff that you wish to see that is unavailable, please contact the school office and we will attempt to find an alternative appointment time.
Please click on the links below in Guides for Parents evening for more info.
If you are unable to book appointment times at home, please call into the office for special help.
Mr Stephen Kelly
Guides for Parents evening.
Biometrics and Security
Students, parents and staff can rest assured that the fingerprint images cannot be used by any other source for identification purposes. The system uses an image of the finger to create a mathematical algorithm and then discards the finger image; only the numbers remain and these cannot be reinterpreted back into a finger image.
At Liberton High School we believe that;
- Everyone in our school community matters.
- Diversity should be celebrated and that everyone should be cared for, respected and valued.
- Learning is both challenging and fun!
- Everyone has the potential for learning and to achieve success beyond what they themselves ever thought possible.
- Success only happens when we work hard, when we never accept anything less than our best and when we stick in, especially when things get tough.
Virtual P7 transition – 2021
Dear P7 Pupils, Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Liberton High School “Virtual” Open Visit 2021! As with most things at the moment, we are having to do this a bit differently. We are really looking forward to meeting you in person soon, but in the meantime, we are delighted to share with you a virtual visit to our school. We will keep in touch with your primary schools about our plans for transition into S1 2021. We did this successfully last year, through virtual events and lessons for the P7 who transitioned and are now our current S1. This included a “Sway Transition Experience” which we have included in the link below. You will hear from our pupils and teachers as you watch the video below. We have a lot to share with you about our school, we are very proud of our pupils, staff and community. You can take your time and click on the links below which may be of interest and help to offer an insight into the culture and ethos of Liberton High School.
Meet some of our Support Team – our Pupil Support Leaders are your first point of contact as parents. Every pupil in S1 will be allocated a “House” which is led by our Pupil Support Leadership (PSL) Team. They work closely with Support for Learning – our SFL team are also important contacts for some of our pupils and families. Our Support for Learning Leader and Pupil Support Leaders are already working with your Primary Teachers to help us get to know you.
Welcome from the Pupil Leadership Team, plus a virtual tour of the building then
Meet Our Teachers and S6
Video is around 12 mins long
And finally,…. we have attached a link to our ‘Parental Engagement’ survey which has gone out to all our S1-S6 parents. We would very much value any input from Parents and Carers of our feeder Primaries too.
THANK YOU !