Further resources including lesson plans and activities can be found at the two websites below:
A number of LGBT+ youth groups run across Scotland, find your local youth group using this link – https://www.lgbtyouth.org.uk/groups-and-support/find-local-youth-groups/
Digital Youth Work
LGBT Youth Scotland offer a wide variety of online support to young people.
This includes a digital chatline for young people (see image), a Discord server for youth groups for LGBT young people to connect and 1 to 1 online support sessions. Young people can use these services directly or a referral can be made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many other organisations have useful information and helplines for LGBT+ young people:
- Time for Inclusive Education: https://www.tie.scot/
- Stonewall Scotland: https://www.stonewallscotland.org.uk/
- Scottish Trans : https://www.scottishtrans.org/community/
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing: http://lgbt-helpline-scotland.org.uk/ . The LGBT Helpline is open every Tuesday and Wednesday between 12-9pm on 0300 123 2523.
- Mermaids: https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/helpline-support-services/. The Mermaids helpline is for transgender and non-binary youth, up to and including the age of 25. Helpline Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm on 0808 801 0400